The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Agile Buzz Forum
Been there before

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
James Robertson

Nickname: jarober61

David Buck, Smalltalker at large
Been there before Posted: Jul 24, 2004 8:52 PM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Agile Buzz by James Robertson.
Original Post: Been there before
Feed Title: Cincom Smalltalk Blog - Smalltalk with Rants
Feed URL: http://www.cincomsmalltalk.com/rssBlog/rssBlogView.xml
Feed Description: James Robertson comments on Cincom Smalltalk, the Smalltalk development community, and IT trends and issues in general.
Latest Agile Buzz Posts
Latest Agile Buzz Posts by James Robertson
Latest Posts From Cincom Smalltalk Blog - Smalltalk with Rants

Advertisement

I ran across this problem in BottomFeeder awhile ago, and had exactly the same problems that Dare had:

I stumbled across a feed that used the same link for each item from a given day; the Cafe con Leche RSS feed . This meant that RSS Bandit couldn't differentiate between items posted on the same day. This was particularly important when tracking what items a user has read or whether an item has already been downloaded or not. I should have pinged the owner of the feed to point this problem out but instead I decided to code around this issue by using the combination of the link and title elements for uniquely identifying items. This actually turned out to be worse.

Yes, I've had that problem, and it's one of the reasons that differentiating items in RSS is non-trivial. There are blogs out there that don't include GUIDS or links - yes, odd as that sounds, I've seen it. If someone can create weird XML, they will create weird XML...

Read: Been there before

Topic: Another day out in Sydney Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Daytripping in Sydney

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use