The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

.NET Buzz Forum
PDC - End of Day 1, or beginning of Day 2?

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Scott Hanselman

Nickname: glucopilot

Scott Hanselman is the Chief Architect at Corillian Corporation and the Microsoft RD for Oregon.
PDC - End of Day 1, or beginning of Day 2? Posted: Oct 28, 2003 10:11 AM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with .NET Buzz by Scott Hanselman.
Original Post: PDC - End of Day 1, or beginning of Day 2?
Feed Title: Scott Hanselman's ComputerZen.com
Feed URL: http://radio-weblogs.com/0106747/rss.xml
Feed Description: Scott Hanselman's ComputerZen.com is a .NET/WebServices/XML Weblog. I offer details of obscurities (internals of ASP.NET, WebServices, XML, etc) and best practices from real world scenarios.
Latest .NET Buzz Posts
Latest .NET Buzz Posts by Scott Hanselman
Latest Posts From Scott Hanselman's ComputerZen.com

Advertisement

Just got back from a nice time at The Standard with a pile of Dev Influencers and such. Saw Miguel, Don and Band on the Runtime, Chris Sells, Keith Pleas, Tim Huckaby, Ingo Rammer, Dan Fernandez (C# PM), Julia, lots of INETA folks, lots of MS folks, and it was all great until Bill Evjen was pushed into the Pool by...who? Can't tell ya.

Well, the original Western Movie Star Jack Palance just walked through the Westin's Lobby.  Someone else spotted Pat Morita, and the bartender at the bar was Devin Elston from MTV's Road Rules #2.  Cool.  L. freakin' A.

Also, came back to the Hotel fully expecting to go to bed and ended up hanging out with Forte and the folks from Code Magazine.  Got to the room and noticed that the Longhorn Developer Center is up!  I was really excited for people like Chris Sells for all the work that they've done.  It must be a thrilling feeling to see all your hard work come together.  The momentum being generated here is great.  The biggest things IMHO are the introductions of 1. declarative programming and 2. vector graphics (arguably 1a.) as first class citizens in Longhorn.  I'll have an article up on .NET Developer's Journal later this week about Avalon and my thoughts on these issues.  I'll post it when it's up.

Here's me and Ingo, with Ingo looking wise, and me looking psycho.

Here's what the party looking like towards the end.

Here's Bill falling (being pushed) into the Pool.

Read: PDC - End of Day 1, or beginning of Day 2?

Topic: Got Proxy? Help me test The Regulator Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: PDC - The PDC Community Environment

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use