The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Web Buzz Forum
An open letter to a digital world

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Christian Machmeier

Nickname: cmachmeier

Christian Machmeier is a web designer and developer in Heidelberg, Germany.
An open letter to a digital world Posted: Dec 19, 2004 5:39 AM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Web Buzz by Christian Machmeier.
Original Post: An open letter to a digital world
Feed Title: .redSPLASH - Blog
Feed URL: http://businesslogs.com/WebLog/RSS.xml
Feed Description: Share what you know, learn what you don't
Latest Web Buzz Posts
Latest Web Buzz Posts by Christian Machmeier
Latest Posts From .redSPLASH - Blog

Advertisement
An open letter to a digital world As a Linux desktop user himself, system administrator Chris Spencer did not relish having to clean up his wife's infected Windows PC after it had become compromised. By the time he'd solved the immediate problem, Chris Spencer had become so fed up with spyware, trojans, viruses, and spam, that he decided it was time to write a letter to the world. And its message is simple:
It's time to switch from Windows to Linux.

To give you an idea, that Chris' letter is not just the usual troll-like "Linux-is-better-than-Windows"-blahblah and really is worth a read, I quoted the letter's first paragraph:

Recently I was reading an article from Wired magazine talking about the Windows spyware problem [1]. It was unbelievable to me that people would choose to use programs that they know make all their personal information available to companies. It turns out that 80% of Windows users suffer from spyware [2]. I read many articles like these but always thought that these people have problems just because they aren't careful. Maybe they don't run anti-virus, they don't use a firewall, or they browse seedy sites and download applications for seedy activities. It turns out though that is not the case.

Read: An open letter to a digital world

Topic: Back in 1985 Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Why I Love GMail (No you can't have an invite)

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use