The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Web Buzz Forum
Top 3s

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Stuart Langridge

Nickname: aquarius

Stuart Langridge is a web, JavaScript, and Python hacker, and sometimes all three at once.
Top 3s Posted: Dec 19, 2004 5:37 AM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Web Buzz by Stuart Langridge.
Original Post: Top 3s
Feed Title: as days pass by
Feed URL: http://feeds.feedburner.com/kryogenix
Feed Description: scratched tallies on the prison wall
Latest Web Buzz Posts
Latest Web Buzz Posts by Stuart Langridge
Latest Posts From as days pass by

Advertisement

Jon Hicks has been naming his top 3s of the year and invites us to do the same using his categories. I think he’d be disappointed with mine.

Albums

Couldn’t tell you. I haven’t bought any albums this year, I don’t think. I listen to music a lot—this is why I have an mp3 player in the car—but it’s all stuff that I already own and that came out ages ago. The most recent thing I’ve got on there is probably the first Eminem album, which came out about five years ago…

OS X browser

Don’t even care :) I am no Mac-head. On Linux, the choice of Firefox is obvious. Hear LugRadio passim for why Epiphany is not good.

Site design I wish I’d come up with first

Not really any. As has been remarked before in these pages, I read stuff through an RSS aggregator. There are some pretty neat tricks that I want to do to the architecture around here, but not the design as such, where to me that dictates what it looks like rather than how it works. The neat things that I’m going to steal are mainly described in the Redesign details.

Blog Posts

Don’t know. I mean, I have a weblog so that I can put things in it, not so I can remember them later :) There’s not that much that stands out, but that’s a function of my memory rather than my compadres.

Events

1. Men With Big Thrones without question. The Men With Big week is the highlight of my year, every year.
2. The LUDEx 2004 (not for the event itself, but for the quality of the people there, including the lovely Casey)
3. tEC7
4. (couldn’t decide between the last two) As Jon notes, the first Geekend. I’d have loved to make it to the subsequent ones, and I’ll try harder next year.

finally…

Niamh (who goes to school in January) and Sam (who’s now been working as a teacher for three months). Couldn’t have done it without the two of you.

Looking forward

Get the book published. Redesign this place. Try and pass the Joel Test at work, but I don’t think I’ll get anywhere with that because people are not interested and I can’t compel it.

So…

Your go. What are your answers?

Read: Top 3s

Topic: Invasion of the Body Switchers Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Everything you want to know

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use