The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Web Buzz Forum
Bible verses I think are funny

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Josh Baltzell

Nickname: jbaltzell

Josh Baltzell is an ASP.NET and ASP Programmer learning all he can about all.
Bible verses I think are funny Posted: Feb 26, 2004 9:11 AM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Web Buzz by Josh Baltzell.
Original Post: Bible verses I think are funny
Feed Title: ShortDomainName.com
Feed URL: http://www.contegix.com/Rss.aspx
Feed Description: Weblog of Josh Baltzell. Focusing on the computer industry and .NET programming related news. I like to get involved on the discussions wherever they are.
Latest Web Buzz Posts
Latest Web Buzz Posts by Josh Baltzell
Latest Posts From ShortDomainName.com

Advertisement

1 Corinthians 11:3: "...Christ is the head of every man, and a husband the head of his wife, and the head of Christ is God. (NIV)".

So the pecking order seems to be God -- Jesus -- Man -- Woman.  There's something for me to tease the fiancé about.  :)

1 Corinthians 11:7-9: "For a man...is the image and glory of God; but woman is the glory of man. For man did not come from woman, but woman from man; neither was man created for woman but woman for man. For this reason, and because of the angels, the woman ought to have a sign of authority on her head."

I don't understand the last sentence in this one.  What angels?  Why don't Christian women wear scarves on their heads if is says to do it in the bible?  Did fashion and comfort overtake spirituality at some point?

1 Corinthians 14:34-35: "...women should remain silent in the churches. They are not allowed to speak, but must be in submission, as the Law says, If they want to inquire about something, they should ask their own husbands at home; for it is disgraceful for a woman to speak in the church."

This is my favorite.  Next time I go to church with my fiancé I am going to give her a dirty look every time she talks and mumble “...disgraceful...”  It will be funny to me.  :)

The bible says you suck!  Ha ha!  *Points at women*

Read: Bible verses I think are funny

Topic: TV about video games becoming more common Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: QuickCam Orbit Webcam Review

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use