The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Web Buzz Forum
SimpleViewerAdmin 1.0 is out!

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Christian Machmeier

Nickname: cmachmeier

Christian Machmeier is a web designer and developer in Heidelberg, Germany.
SimpleViewerAdmin 1.0 is out! Posted: Jul 15, 2005 4:39 AM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Web Buzz by Christian Machmeier.
Original Post: SimpleViewerAdmin 1.0 is out!
Feed Title: .redSPLASH - Blog
Feed URL: http://businesslogs.com/WebLog/RSS.xml
Feed Description: Share what you know, learn what you don't
Latest Web Buzz Posts
Latest Web Buzz Posts by Christian Machmeier
Latest Posts From .redSPLASH - Blog

Advertisement
After a first hint and then nearly six weeks of work I'm very proud to announce the initial release of SimpleViewerAdmin 1.0.

It all started when I once played a little with SimpleViewer. It's a cool, slick, free and customizable Flash image viewing application, created by Felix Turner of Airtight Interactive. After having a nice little play I decided to develop SimpleViewerAdmin, which implements the corresponding administration interface. First, only for myself, because I wanted to run the photos section of the website using SimpleViewer. So I decided to email Felix and described my ideas about what, I thought, could be useful to enhance his viewer. So we had some discussing about the what, the how and the why and soon I was building SimpleViewerAdmin no longer for myself, but had a contact that sometimes waited for changes and enhancements within the tool. But never too long..

But the last weekend, I was finally able to finish the rest of the work, that still was to be done. And after testing the software on several servers with different configurations and running on different platforms and after using the application with different browsers, it appeared as if SimpleViewerAdmin was ready to be initially released. That's now!

So what can SimpleViewerAdmin do for you? SimpleViewerAdmin can do many things for you. Not only do have I implemented a complete and feature-rich (a really neat one is the automatic thumbnail creation after uploading an image, using the Thumbnail class) administration interface, SimpleViewerAdmin also extends SimpleViewer by offering you the opportunity to run the gallery with multiple albums in dynamic mode. And beyond that SimpleViewerAdmin was entirely written in PHP and is supereasy to install (check the documentation).

So if you want to run a cool, fast and simple flash gallery that's easy and comfortably to administer, you should definitely take a look at SimpleViewer and SimpleViewerAdmin.

That's all folks! Do well.

Read: SimpleViewerAdmin 1.0 is out!

Topic: Framework for PHP Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: JavaScript meetup

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use