The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Ruby Buzz Forum
to_sexp, to_c, to_ruby, too_interesting_to_pass_up

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Red Handed

Nickname: redhanded

Red Handed is a Ruby-focused group blog.
to_sexp, to_c, to_ruby, too_interesting_to_pass_up Posted: Feb 7, 2005 6:51 PM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Ruby Buzz by Red Handed.
Original Post: to_sexp, to_c, to_ruby, too_interesting_to_pass_up
Feed Title: RedHanded
Feed URL: http://redhanded.hobix.com/index.xml
Feed Description: sneaking Ruby through the system
Latest Ruby Buzz Posts
Latest Ruby Buzz Posts by Red Handed
Latest Posts From RedHanded

Advertisement

Great coats. Ryan Davis thinks he’s son-shi. And I’m practically buying it, what with the cauldron’s fill of meta libs he’s brewing. And all that reading from parse tree tea leaves over on Polishing:

So… drbrain comes up to me in an IM and says flgr is saying it’d be really cool if you could ask a method for its source. I know what he is doing, baiting me like that, but I play along anyways to see what the outcome is like. drbrain and I talked about it and thought it’d be really cool if our ruby2c system added a to_c method to the Method class.

But the question came up… can we do this to display ruby code? The answer is yes, and it only took me about 30 minutes to get the proof of concept up and running.

And he’s got all the wrapper code there. All the limits of ParseTree and RubyToC apply, still my sweet tooth is literally pulsing from all the red licorice.

Read: to_sexp, to_c, to_ruby, too_interesting_to_pass_up

Topic: Runaway Train? Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Snowdevil launches!

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use