The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Ruby Buzz Forum
Thar be Rhales, er, Rails here!

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Daniel Berger

Nickname: djberg96

Daniel Berger is a Ruby Programmer who also dabbles in C and Perl
Thar be Rhales, er, Rails here! Posted: Oct 27, 2005 2:38 PM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Ruby Buzz by Daniel Berger.
Original Post: Thar be Rhales, er, Rails here!
Feed Title: Testing 1,2,3...
Feed URL: http://djberg96.livejournal.com/data/rss
Feed Description: A blog on Ruby and other stuff.
Latest Ruby Buzz Posts
Latest Ruby Buzz Posts by Daniel Berger
Latest Posts From Testing 1,2,3...

Advertisement
That's right Captain, I've got my first real web project here at work, and I'm going to use Rails. It's a small Cold Fusion web app which has been collecting dust for a while.

Phase I is to simply duplicate existing functionality, and get it off the current server, which needs to be decommissioned.

Phase II entails adding extra validation and administrative capabilities.

Phase III entails expanding its functionality. A lot.

I'm going to get some help, though. One of my colleagues is going to help me, since he has great domain knowledge and better web design skills. I can handle the backend stuff, but oof, my web page designs suck pretty bad. I'll just stand over his should and yell stuff like, "Ooh, put the calender in the upper left corner! And make it change color randomly! More blinking text!".

It's gonna be great.

Read: Thar be Rhales, er, Rails here!

Topic: Some Layout Re-org Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Design Buzz

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use