The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Python Buzz Forum
Tonight's Star Party

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Andrew Dalke

Nickname: dalke

Andrew Dalke is a consultant and software developer in computational chemistry and biology.
Tonight's Star Party Posted: Sep 28, 2003 5:20 AM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Python Buzz by Andrew Dalke.
Original Post: Tonight's Star Party
Feed Title: Andrew Dalke's writings
Feed URL: http://www.dalkescientific.com/writings/diary/diary-rss.xml
Feed Description: Writings from the software side of bioinformatics and chemical informatics, with a heaping of Python thrown in for good measure.
Latest Python Buzz Posts
Latest Python Buzz Posts by Andrew Dalke
Latest Posts From Andrew Dalke's writings

Advertisement
Saturday night closest to the new moon - must be time for a star party. Was expecting to go out salsa dancing in ABQ but turns out the band played last night.

A score or so of people showed up this evening. Almost everyone wanted to see Mars, which meant it got kinda boring for me. Pretty turbulent sky. Could barely make out the south pole and a couple dark marks. Last month the view was much better.

Also went for Uranus, which was amazingly close to Mars. This was the first time I looked for it. The telescope's alignment is off, so it took a bit of back and forth. Then a strange blue spot appeared. It was obviously not a star, and in the right spot, so I'm calling it Uranus. Somday I gotta go for Neptune, and on a good night I should be able to get Pluto.

Did a couple of Messiers as well, like Dumbbell. Then waited a few hours chatting until Orion got high enough to get my first view of M42 for the season. Season indeed, now that it's past the equinox and I can feel the cold of winter approaching. In any case, M42 is an amazing sight.

Read: Tonight's Star Party

Topic: Imaginary Python books that I would like to read Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Referral Roundup to Garbage and change, man.

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use