The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Java Buzz Forum
NoFluffJustStuff Gateway Software Symposium

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Mike Shoemaker

Nickname: mikeshoe

Mike Shoemaker is senior Java developer using Ruby
NoFluffJustStuff Gateway Software Symposium Posted: Mar 13, 2005 11:17 AM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Java Buzz by Mike Shoemaker.
Original Post: NoFluffJustStuff Gateway Software Symposium
Feed Title: Unruly Rambling (java category)
Feed URL: http://www.shoesobjects.com/blog/feed.xml?flavor=rss20&category=java
Feed Description: My thoughts on software, technology, and life in general
Latest Java Buzz Posts
Latest Java Buzz Posts by Mike Shoemaker
Latest Posts From Unruly Rambling (java category)

Advertisement

Well it's that time again. Jay Zimmerman will be bringing the big dogs of software to St. Louis this coming weekend for the NoFluffJustStuff tour. I have attended every occurrence in St. Louis so far(2 to be exact) and will be attending this one as well. For those of you that find it difficult to stay current with the technology landscape, this tour has a lot to offer. With all that being said, I'm a bit disappointed with this year. First and foremost, some of my favorite speakers(Erik Hatcher, Robert Martin, and Mike Clark) are missing the St Louis offering. My impression is that every year there have been more and more local speakers and less of the traveling speakers. While I applaud the local guys participation in such an event, in many cases I could have seen their presentation for free at the local Special Interest Groups. Oh well, there is plenty to see still.

My tentative calendar can be found in HTML form here.
For those of you fortunate enough to be running OS X, an iCal feed can be found here.

One of the bright spots this year is that Dave Thomas and Stuart Halloway will be making their 3rd appearances in St. Louis. Both of them are nothing short of awesome. There won't be any heavy eyes in any of their talks. My biggest mistake to date was missing all of Stuart's presentations in 2003. What was I thinking!

Another gem for this year is that a small number of us are suppose to have dinner with Dave Thomas on Thursday night to discuss Ruby. Can't wait for this to kick off an already jam packed weekend.

Read: NoFluffJustStuff Gateway Software Symposium

Topic: Using REST params in OI2 Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Final DistTypeRefactor-OrcaTDDBuildFramework

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use