The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Java Buzz Forum
Eclipse Homepage is trash!

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Marc Logemann

Nickname: loge

Marc Logemann is founder of www.logentis.de a Java consultancy
Eclipse Homepage is trash! Posted: Jan 26, 2005 6:37 PM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Java Buzz by Marc Logemann.
Original Post: Eclipse Homepage is trash!
Feed Title: Marc's Java Blog
Feed URL: http://www.logemann.org/day/index_java.xml
Feed Description: Java related topics for all major areas. So you will see J2ME, J2SE and J2EE issues here.
Latest Java Buzz Posts
Latest Java Buzz Posts by Marc Logemann
Latest Posts From Marc's Java Blog

Advertisement

Even being a more or less loyal IDEA user, i decided to give eclipse a chance in its current version. Why? There is one (and not more) reason to look at it: Plugins, especially i wanna try some of the exadel plugins which seem to be nice! So it took me once again to the eclipse homepage and sorry to speak it out that clear: "this homepage is trash". And its not only the homepage, its also the eclipse logo, the member logos and all other stuff i can see on that page.

A short question to all my blog readers. If you click on download on eclipse.org, what does this bring back to your mind? Correct. The download pages of Apache.org. I think both sites have ridiculous download pages which makes downloading a rocket-science.

At the end, someone can say, "its doesnt matter how this site looks", but from a product standpoint its really not productive with that page. I suspect there is endless financial power inside the eclipse foundation, so how about putting some dollars into that? Right now it looks like Erich Gamma himself created that homepage after an 12 hours coding trip .

Read: Eclipse Homepage is trash!

Topic: AspectJ + AspectWerkz = AspectJ 5 Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Things To Look Into

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use