The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Java Buzz Forum
Things To Look Into

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Weiqi Gao

Nickname: weiqigao

Weiqi Gao is a Java programmer.
Things To Look Into Posted: Jan 19, 2005 6:51 AM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Java Buzz by Weiqi Gao.
Original Post: Things To Look Into
Feed Title: Weiqi Gao's Weblog
Feed URL: http://www.weiqigao.com/blog/rss.xml
Feed Description: Sharing My Experience...
Latest Java Buzz Posts
Latest Java Buzz Posts by Weiqi Gao
Latest Posts From Weiqi Gao's Weblog

Advertisement

Here's a list of things that I would like to look into, when I have time:

OSGi
Brian Coyner is playing with it. Andrew Binstock claims it is Java's client side container.
C-JDBC
Mentioned by Patrick Niemeyer at the JUG last Thursday when Patrick Linskey presented about JDO and EJB (BTW, the slides are posted).
java.lang.instrument
You've got to look into it when a new package shows up in java.lang!
Boost.Python
Scripting C++ in python.
SWIG
Scripting C/C++ in multiple languages, including Java and C#. I have know it for a long time, but never seriously learned it.

Here's how I did on my last list 496 days ago:

JOnAS
I took a cursory look and found that it has good documentation. Deployment seems less developer friendly. I stuck with JBoss.
nXML
I liked it and am still using it. I learned RELAX NG (pronounced relaxing according to Mark Volkmann) because of it.
Jena
Interesting academic exercise, couldn't really find a place to use it. I know the inside of Mozilla is full of RDFs, but boy was it hard to learn.
xmln and xmlv
Fun stuff. Meant to be used with sed and awk to manipulate XML. Jonathan would loved it. I still have them in my /usr/local/bin and use them occasionally.
XUL
I liked the idea of writing a web app that has tree controls and table controls. But do Mozilla XUL apps count as web apps?

Read: Things To Look Into

Topic: Creating Professionaly Looking .NET Applications? How Ironic Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Slides from Talk on Workflow, Orchestration, and BPM

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use