The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Java Buzz Forum
Following the footsteps of Rickard

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Talip Ozturk

Nickname: talip

Talip Ozturk is founder of Hazelcast, distributed queue, set, map and lock implementation.
Following the footsteps of Rickard Posted: Jul 29, 2003 4:23 AM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Java Buzz by Talip Ozturk.
Original Post: Following the footsteps of Rickard
Feed Title: Shared Memory
Feed URL: http://sedoparking.com/search/registrar.php?domain=®istrar=sedopark
Feed Description: about java, jini, javaspaces, programming, aop and a little bit of me and life.
Latest Java Buzz Posts
Latest Java Buzz Posts by Talip Ozturk
Latest Posts From Shared Memory

Advertisement
Carlos Perez is spreading the notion that JBoss is following the footsteps of Rickard. I think Marc Fleury cares about Rickard's ideas a lot but what you claim is a little too much.

First of all, portal server is the top complementary offering of many Application Servers. JBoss is no special here. Additional, JBoss is trying to be the holding project for many other projects like Javassist, JavaGroups, Jetty. Nukes is just of these projects.

Secondly, AOP is as everyone knows Xerox stuff. Many people ,especially in academic arena, wrote about it. So much work has been done. Rickard actually told them how he thinks the best AOP implementation would be but Marc Fleury and Bill Burke took a totally different route. Rickard suggested AOP framework based on dynamic proxy; JBoss implemented AOP framework based on byte code engineering.

I am not saying Rickard has no influence on JBoss. Marc Fleury clearly states what he think about Rickard but I don't think JBoss is following the footsteps of Rickard

Read: Following the footsteps of Rickard

Topic: Bright Outlook for Mobile Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: microedition.platfrom  III-J2ME

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use