The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Java Buzz Forum
Always On Innovation Summit

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Russell Beattie

Nickname: rbeattie

Russell Beattie is a Mobile Internet Developer
Always On Innovation Summit Posted: Jul 1, 2004 4:24 PM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Java Buzz by Russell Beattie.
Original Post: Always On Innovation Summit
Feed Title: Russell Beattie Notebook
Feed URL: http://www.russellbeattie.com/notebook/rss.jsp?q=java,code,mobile
Feed Description: My online notebook with thoughts, comments, links and more.
Latest Java Buzz Posts
Latest Java Buzz Posts by Russell Beattie
Latest Posts From Russell Beattie Notebook

Advertisement

I got a "blogger's invite" to the Always On Innovation Summit hosted down at Stanford in a couple weeks. This the one upcoming conference that I gave a semi-thumbs up on because it had speakers from the telecommunications industry: Qualcomm (Dr. Jacobs), Nokia, AT&T Wireless and (believe it or not) NextWave. (All I really know about NextWave is that they're the bankrupted 3G startup that's been blocking 3G rollout in the U.S. for the past several years as they battle with the FCC and Congress).

Someone at AO has been reading my weblog no doubt, and have changed the one mobile-oriented session title from "Wireless War: What Technologies Will Win?" to "The Wireless Boom". Nice, (did they think we'd notice?). They obviously meant "The mBoom", but maybe the title will change again by the time the session starts in a couple weeks. ;-) They probably didn't want to tread to hard on Sky's doomed business model..

The Wireless Boom
Moderator: Andrew M. Seybold, President, Outlook 4Mobility
Panelists:
Paul Chellgren, SVP, Product Management and Business Development, Nokia
Sky Dayton, Founder & CEO, Boingo Wireless
Dr. Paul Jacobs, EVP & President, Wireless & Internet Group, QUALCOMM
Roderick Nelson, CTO, AT&T Wireless Services
Anyways, this should be an interesting session, thank god it's not at 8 in the morning like some of the other ones. The rest of the sessions don't particularly excite me, nor have much to do with Innovation, I mean, "Will Web Services Take Over the Software Industry?" wasn't that the cutting edge topic from 2001?

It's a good week to be a blogger.

-Russ

John Kerry For President

Read: Always On Innovation Summit

Topic: Help! My T610 is Being Evil! Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Gearing up for JavaOne 2004

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use