The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Java Buzz Forum
Microsoft to join Eclipse Foundation?

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Vasanth Dharmaraj

Nickname: vazz

Vasanth Dharmaraj is J2EE developer learning Dot Net
Microsoft to join Eclipse Foundation? Posted: Jun 22, 2004 4:08 PM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Java Buzz by Vasanth Dharmaraj.
Original Post: Microsoft to join Eclipse Foundation?
Feed Title: Vasanth Dharmaraj's Blogs
Feed URL: /SyndicationService.asmx/GetRssCategory?categoryName=Technology%7CJava
Feed Description: my thoughts on dot net, java, linux, formula one, xbox gamming...(my java category)
Latest Java Buzz Posts
Latest Java Buzz Posts by Vasanth Dharmaraj
Latest Posts From Vasanth Dharmaraj's Blogs

Advertisement

I don's thinks so but that is what Eclipse Executive Director Mike Milinkovich hopes for.

In an interview last week with eWEEK, Eclipse Executive Director Mike Milinkovich said an invitation has been extended to Microsoft to join the open-source initiative and to help evolve development of the platform. In fact, Milinkovich said, an invitation was extended to Microsoft before he took the helm and before Eclipse was made independent. [eweek]

I think apart from Sun, JetBrains and Microsoft almost all major developer tools vendors have shown interest in Eclipse. Anyway I think Microsoft will be the last one to join if at all they join. Microsoft makes one of the best developer tools in the market. They have a huge investment in Visual Studio.Net and the newly announced Visual Studio Team System. Seeing the demos of Visual Studio 2005 Team System only confirms that Microsoft is the best integrator of tools out there. And there is no way they will be leaving all that and joining Eclipse.

Read: Microsoft to join Eclipse Foundation?

Topic: A proud day. Emily graduates from Harvard. We get to hear Kofi Anan Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: My cellphone died...

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use