The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Java Buzz Forum
A proud day. Emily graduates from Harvard. We get to hear Kofi Anan

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
dion

Nickname: dion

Dion Almaer is the Editor-in-Chief for TheServerSide.com, and is an enterprise Java evangelist
A proud day. Emily graduates from Harvard. We get to hear Kofi Anan Posted: Jun 14, 2004 3:24 PM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Java Buzz by dion.
Original Post: A proud day. Emily graduates from Harvard. We get to hear Kofi Anan
Feed Title: techno.blog(Dion)
Feed URL: http://feeds.feedburner.com/dion
Feed Description: blogging about life the universe and everything tech
Latest Java Buzz Posts
Latest Java Buzz Posts by dion
Latest Posts From techno.blog(Dion)

Advertisement
All the family was in. Flying in from all over, fighting delays based on weather, and making it just in time the night before Emily's graduation day. The day was a great one, and I was so proud of my wife! Having excuses to get people together like this is always a pleasure (like weddings etc). After the ceremonies, we got to listen to Kofi Anan, secretary general of the UN. The speach was fantastic. He discussed his thoughts on what was happening in the world now, how the UN is needed more than ever, and the direction we need to go in to aim for more peace and equality in the world. He managed to put down Bush... but in such great subtle ways. For example: All great US leaders know that you can't just take your forces and take over a country just because ..... What a pleasure to listen to him. I wish his address could have been on mainstream T.V. Surely there were a few seconds where they could slip it in between the Reagan coverage?

Read: A proud day. Emily graduates from Harvard. We get to hear Kofi Anan

Topic: Why No Mac Malware? Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Earn money from your blog

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use