The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Java Buzz Forum
REST v WS-*: Compare and contrast

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Chuck Hinson

Nickname: chuckit

Chuck Hinson is a software developer
REST v WS-*: Compare and contrast Posted: Apr 4, 2005 5:19 PM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Java Buzz by Chuck Hinson.
Original Post: REST v WS-*: Compare and contrast
Feed Title: Chuck Hinson
Feed URL: http://chuckhinson.blogspot.com/atom.xml
Feed Description: Observations, questions and musings related to my life in the software industry.
Latest Java Buzz Posts
Latest Java Buzz Posts by Chuck Hinson
Latest Posts From Chuck Hinson

Advertisement
I've been spending a lot of time looking for information that compares and/or contrasts WS-* with REST. As I go, I've been accumulating links here and there, saving them in various places (bookmarks in my browser, on the desktop, and at bloglines), but this weekend, I decided that it was about time I got with the program and availed myself of the services offered at del.icio.us. Once I'd gotten an account set up and had moved over all my bookmarks I had lying around in varoius places, I spent a good deal of time Sunday perusing a few email threads over on the ws-arch mail archives and a few more over in the xml-dev archives. As I find things that appear to be of the REST vs. WS-* ilk, I'll add them to the restvsoap tag that I set up on del.icio.us. I'm hoping that at least a few other people notice the tag and are able to add some useful pointers as well. I'll try to limit myself to using the restvsoap tag only for things that have useful comparisons rather than just being flame-fests; hopefully others will do the same.

Read: REST v WS-*: Compare and contrast

Topic: Ian Landsman on Search Engine Optimization Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Have You Noticed Something Different, ... In GMail

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use