The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Java Buzz Forum
Have You Noticed Something Different, ... In GMail

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Weiqi Gao

Nickname: weiqigao

Weiqi Gao is a Java programmer.
Have You Noticed Something Different, ... In GMail Posted: Mar 24, 2005 6:33 PM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Java Buzz by Weiqi Gao.
Original Post: Have You Noticed Something Different, ... In GMail
Feed Title: Weiqi Gao's Weblog
Feed URL: http://www.weiqigao.com/blog/rss.xml
Feed Description: Sharing My Experience...
Latest Java Buzz Posts
Latest Java Buzz Posts by Weiqi Gao
Latest Posts From Weiqi Gao's Weblog

Advertisement

I've been using GMail for a while, since Dale invited me in. But I noticed something different only today.

The links that you click on to read your mail, aren't HTML links at all. There is a slight difference in behavior—When you click on a normal HTML link, the action is triggered when the mouse button is released. In GMail, when you click on your mail, the action is triggered when the mouse button is pressed.

I'm surprised that it took me this long to discover this discrepancy. It also made me appreciate how different GMail is from ordinary web applications. I think I can argue that GMail is more like a Java applet then an HTML page.

Read: Have You Noticed Something Different, ... In GMail

Topic: Links for 2005-03-16 [del.icio.us] Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: [Mar 18, 2005 08:00 PST] 11 Links

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use