The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Java Buzz Forum
Today's Ajax Links

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Scott Delap

Nickname: scottdelap

Client / Server application developer.
Today's Ajax Links Posted: Mar 24, 2005 4:10 PM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Java Buzz by Scott Delap.
Original Post: Today's Ajax Links
Feed Title: ClientJava.com
Feed URL: http://www.clientjava.com/archives/wireless_mobile.rdf
Feed Description: Client/Desktop Related Java Development
Latest Java Buzz Posts
Latest Java Buzz Posts by Scott Delap
Latest Posts From ClientJava.com

Advertisement

In the interest of exposing ClientJava.com readers to all client options here are todays Ajax links. I'm not going to post Ajax links every day. I'll leave that to Dion and Ben. Apparently Echo is jumping on the Ajax bandwagon. I wonder if I use an embedded browser and a little XMLHTTPRequest can I call my Swing or SWT apps Ajax enabled =)? In our next post we have concern that there are already too many libraries. The revolution has only been on center stage a few months. This whole thing is like a mini hype cycle running at an accelerated speed. Next week Tim Bray will be declaring Ajax boring. Next I have some Jsp Tag libs that create a tabbed pane similar to SWT or Swing. Finally, we finish things off with the only opinion about Ajax that really matters ... Hani. Ajax is prime time when it is getting biled.

Ajax-based Echo2 Web Framework Alpha Released
Echo2 is a reinvention of the Echo Web Framework built around an Ajax (Asynchronous JavaScript and XML) rendering engine. Distributed under the Mozilla Public License, Echo2 aims at providing a component-oriented/event-driven toolkit for developing web applications that approach the capabilities of rich clients.

Ajaxian libraries: Learning from Java Web Framework problems
Having a lot of different implementations and innovations is certainly a good thing. However, many Java web developers are frustrated as hundreds or thousands have sprung up over time ... I worry that we face a similar problem in the JavaScript, and Ajax world. We already have many abstraction modules out there. How many people do their own thing to get the browser type etc.

Ditchnet Tabs Taglib
The Ditchnet JSP Tabs Taglib provides an incredibly simple toolkit for adding rich, sophisticated tabbed-pane GUI components to web-based user interfaces. The Tabs Taglib combines the powerful features of DHTML, Java, and JSP to allow you to create web-based tabbed interfaces that behave in a manner remarkably similar to what you would expect from a rich client toolkit like Java Swing.

The Tabs Taglib utilizes JavaScript and DHTML to respond to client-side, user-initiated events, while leveraging JSP and the Servlet API for rendering the tabbed components and persisting the state of individual selected tabs.

This means that the Tab components respond to user events without annoying round-trips to the server, but still manage to persist their state in the user's session -- accessed through the Servlet API's HttpSession. So the Tabs respond and repaint immediately but effortlessly persist their state!

asshat penis extender: json-rpc-java
It's really astounding how easy it is to pull the wool over the java kids' eyes and amuse them for hours on end by merely dangling a shiny object in front of them. The latest example of this is the one of the 'ajax' poster boys, json-rpc-java.

Read: Today's Ajax Links

Topic: [Mar 18, 2005 08:00 PST] 11 Links Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Linux on my iPod

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use