The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Java Answers Forum
java.io.FilePermission - error

4 replies on 1 page. Most recent reply: Aug 31, 2004 2:33 AM by Shamshad Ali

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 4 replies on 1 page
Shamshad Ali

Nickname: shamshad

java.io.FilePermission - error Posted: Aug 17, 2004 10:47 PM
Reply to this message Reply
Advertisement
Hi,
I'm receving the following error, Please help me solving this

java.security.AccessControlException: access denied
(java.io.FilePermission C:\myFile.exe write)

Please let me know how to solve it, as the new Xp systems r not working
with my web based applications. coz of the JMV is removed from it.

I will appreciate for ur help.

Shamshad

Senthoorkumaran Punniamoorthy

Nickname: senthoor

Re: java.io.FilePermission - error Posted: Aug 20, 2004 8:59 PM
Normally AccessControlExceptions can be sorted out using the policy files. Is it through an applet you are trying to write an exe file?

Shamshad Ali

Re: java.io.FilePermission - error Posted: Aug 23, 2004 4:27 AM
Actaully the code runs fine, but in new versions of XP and Windows 2003, Microsoft remvoe JVM options from IE. The Java code searches the client pC and check for any update and send data make folders on client's PC. which is prevenint on the above mentioned OS updates from Microsoft. I guess there is only a security issue, Java script creates folders and transfer files on client/users using browser. There are some specail settings which must be followed on previous OS/IE. Now its not working with New versions of Microsoft OS. Please let me know in detail what might be possible issues whith JVM options.

Thanks in advance.
Shamshad Ali.

Kondwani Mkandawire

Nickname: spike

Re: java.io.FilePermission - error Posted: Aug 25, 2004 12:28 AM
I don't quite understand what the problem is.
If it has anything to do with running Java Apps
from any given directory in your comp. or from
another application, you may want to set your
WinXP environment variables (class path etc)
to point to the location of your JRE.

Sorry if I'm mistaken on the nature of your
problem.

Good luck with it.

Spike

Shamshad Ali

Re: java.io.FilePermission - error Posted: Aug 31, 2004 2:33 AM
I want to tell u in shot once again. One of a programmer worked on a client's website. He made the functionality to upload and download automatically using JSP with tomcat. when a user/client need to upload files he clicks a link from the browser and then the Java script runs an executable files comes to the client PC and check for any thing found in a particular folder to be unloaded. For this purpose client's need IE settings to alow Microsft JVM. without these settings browser says change/security settings to alow scripts to be downloaded for searching the folder for currenet date's files to be uploaded. this is same for the downloading from other client. Now its still running file with old versions and those who has JVM installed in IE. But recently Microsoft and sun has court agreement for some reason and Microsoft remove JVM in all newly OS coming these days like XP with service pack 2 and windows server 2003 and new patches and updates for browsers. looking this do i need to change the automated option from my website? following is the error":
---------------
In the security settings section we have to ask the clients to modify the “Microsoft VM” and Java settings so that we can create folders and download files to their hard disk. So far we have not had any problem with that. Our system has been used on all the versions of Windows. However, due to Microsoft and Sun’s out of court settlement, MS has removed the Java from all the new OS being shipped.

One of our clients recently bought a new system with Windows XP Professional. I kept on telling him to go to the security settings at “Microsoft VM”, but he could not find it. After researching on the internet I found out that MS is not installing it anymore. I thought that he can use some other version of Java and I sent him the following note (see below).

Even after he downloaded, installed Java and rebooted, he could not see that security option. Do you have any other suggestions? I think that we need to find a way to edit the security settings in Sun Java.

----------------

1- Install Java
Just found out to solve the problem of websites telling you that you cannot view the page correctly without downloading Microsoft Virtual Machine. You need to go to

www.java.com/en/index.jsp
and click on the text in the top right corner which says 'download free' and follow the on screen instructions.
2- Reboot the computer
3- Set up the Security settings (We tried to do this last couple of times, if you want, we can do this together)
Tool
Internet Options
Security Settings
Internet
Custom Level
Microsoft VM
Java Permissions
Custom
Java Custom settings (at the bottom left)
Edit Permissions
Run unsigned contents
Enable
Run signed contents
Enable

OK, OK

Trusted Sites
Custom Level
Microsoft VM
Java Permissions
Custom
Java Custom settings (at the bottom left)
Edit Permissions
Run unsigned contents
Enable
Run signed contents
Enable

OK, OK

Then, Press, OK or Yes, or Apply

===================================== ERROR is :

Java(TM) Plug-in: Version 1.4.2_05
Using JRE version 1.4.2_05 Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM
User home directory = C:\Documents and Settings\Owner
Proxy Configuration: No proxy
----------------------------------------------------
c: clear console window
f: finalize objects on finalization queue
g: garbage collect
h: display this help message
l: dump classloader list
m: print memory usage
o: trigger logging
p: reload proxy configuration
q: hide console
r: reload policy configuration
s: dump system properties
t: dump thread list
v: dump thread stack
x: clear classloader cache
0-5: set trace level to <n>
----------------------------------------------------
I am called

New for website

java.security.AccessControlException: access denied (java.io.FilePermission C:\checkclienthdd.exe write)

Please let me know how to fix this issue? do we need to change the whole script or need something adjustment with Javascript for file forlder permission on clinet's pc? do u think the SSL will resolve it like https://

Flat View: This topic has 4 replies on 1 page
Topic: ActiveWireless.com has new Java jobs Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: response.sendRedirect problem

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use