The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

PHP Buzz Forum
Comment Spam on Serendiptiy

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Jackson Miller

Nickname: jaxn

Jackson Miller is a software developer in Nashvillle, TN currently working at CentreSource.com
Comment Spam on Serendiptiy Posted: Feb 14, 2005 2:29 AM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with PHP Buzz by Jackson Miller.
Original Post: Comment Spam on Serendiptiy
Feed Title: Jaxn.org
Feed URL: http://jaxn.org
Feed Description: PHP thoughts on architecture and application design. Includes development information about Core Enterprise PHP.
Latest PHP Buzz Posts
Latest PHP Buzz Posts by Jackson Miller
Latest Posts From Jaxn.org

Advertisement
I get hit with hundreds of comment spam every day. None have every been visable even for a minute thanks to some good serendipity comments configurations, but I do have to go through and delete them. Now it has gotten to the point that comment spammers and referer spammers are eating up all my limited resources and making my box unavailable.

I have started to include a new file in every request that looks for several things and stops execution if any are found. This is less than ideal and I have high hopes for the upcoming serendipity release, but until then I am left to fight this script against script. It is like a chess game with these comment spammers. For this reason I am not going to post my techniques.

This post is mostly to apologize for the recent sporadic downtime and to ask people to feel free to let me know if they find this site unresponsive. Also, feel free to kill any and all comment spammers.

Read: Comment Spam on Serendiptiy

Topic: German Horde News Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Horde Talk at FOSDEM 2005

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use