The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

PHP Buzz Forum
Developing Component Based Web Applications

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Jackson Miller

Nickname: jaxn

Jackson Miller is a software developer in Nashvillle, TN currently working at CentreSource.com
Developing Component Based Web Applications Posted: Dec 31, 2004 10:03 AM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with PHP Buzz by Jackson Miller.
Original Post: Developing Component Based Web Applications
Feed Title: Jaxn.org
Feed URL: http://jaxn.org
Feed Description: PHP thoughts on architecture and application design. Includes development information about Core Enterprise PHP.
Latest PHP Buzz Posts
Latest PHP Buzz Posts by Jackson Miller
Latest Posts From Jaxn.org

Advertisement
Today I started the long but familiar process of taking an existing web application and converting it into a component based architecture. This is the third time I have been involved in an attempt to make the world's first absolutely perfect web application framework. Unfortunately perfection has not been reached (yet).

This post is just some thoughts that come up when working on a component based architecture. To process these thoughts I am going to compare and contrast how I/we have done it in PHP and Java. It seems to me that component-based (modular) design has a similar learning curve to object oriented design. It sounds like a good idea while you try to learn it and then all of the sudden it just clicks.

Continue reading "Developing Component Based Web Applications"

Read: Developing Component Based Web Applications

Topic: New release of PEAR::Date_Holidays Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Back in Action

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use