The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Design Forum
Java Persistance for Object-Relational Databases

2 replies on 1 page. Most recent reply: Aug 23, 2003 4:28 PM by Senthoorkumaran Punniamoorthy

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 2 replies on 1 page
Dmitry V. Maslov

Nickname: dmitry

Java Persistance for Object-Relational Databases Posted: Aug 11, 2003 8:53 AM
Reply to this message Reply
Advertisement
Hi!

Can anyone help me in finding an Object-Relational Database to store Java objects in? Is it possible with some ORDMS to work with Java objects that are stored in database as if they are located in memory?

Thanx.

David

Nickname: archangel

Re: Java Persistance for Object-Relational Databases Posted: Aug 22, 2003 6:34 AM
Why can't you used JDBC or serialise the objects?

Senthoorkumaran Punniamoorthy

Nickname: senthoor

Re: Java Persistance for Object-Relational Databases Posted: Aug 23, 2003 4:28 PM
I am not really sure why you are looking for specifically for ORDMS. If it is the reason you want to store Java Objects somewhere retrieve it back then I there are frame works which can do the work for you. Also there are tools which will do Object Relational Mapping. If you go to

http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/resources/models.html

You can find under the heading "Persistance Layers" lots of these stuff. You can analyze each of them and then decide whether these will solve your issue or you really need a ORDBMS. If you need one you might want to check

http://www.postgresql.org

Flat View: This topic has 2 replies on 1 page
Topic: Decorator & Composite Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: About  J2EE

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use