The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Design Forum
Crystal with C# and Websphere

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Sub Witheld

Nickname: azsat

Crystal with C# and Websphere Posted: Jul 12, 2004 2:42 PM
Reply to this message Reply
Advertisement
Hi,

I need some advise from the experts out there. I am currently redesigning a client/server app which runs Crystal templates with stored procs providing the business logic. I am a newbie to Crystal Enterprise. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

We are moving to a 3-tier architecture with a C# application client (where reports will be requested with parameters), a Websphere Application server as the middle tier and an Oracle database. I would hope to hold the business logic in the middle tier using EJB's.

My main concern is as to where the Crystal report engine will sit in this architecture and how the communication will be done between the report presentation bit in C# app and the business logic holding websphere application server. Should the CR engine be on and independant server? Would I use web services to communicate between Websphere and the client application hence requiring Crystal on the client to use the XML? Can te EJB's be a data source? If this architecture won't cut it is there a better way of doing the reporting given the architecture?

Topic: Database Modelling in UML Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Arrays in JVM

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use