The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Design Forum
Framework for Application to Detect Database Failure

1 reply on 1 page. Most recent reply: Jul 31, 2003 6:49 AM by David

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 1 reply on 1 page
Anay Tamhankar

Nickname: mailanay

Framework for Application to Detect Database Failure Posted: Jul 17, 2003 3:10 AM
Reply to this message Reply
Advertisement
Hi all,
I have a java application which uses an Oracle database (mainly for reports, some settings etc...) but this application can run in bare minimum mode even when database is not available.
Now i have to develop this application in such a way that when database is available then the application should use it. But for some reasons if it becomes unavailable then the application should intelligently detect it and change its mode of operation to the bare minimum mode and then when the database is eventually avaliable...it will switch back automatically to the normal running mode.
I am thinking of developing a generic framework for this kind of behaviour. I am doing some brainstorming myself and also looking for some ideas for the same...

thanx and regards

David

Nickname: archangel

Re: Framework for Application to Detect Database Failure Posted: Jul 31, 2003 6:49 AM
Reply to this message Reply
It sounds awfully similar to JDBC. You just catch any SQLExceptions...

Flat View: This topic has 1 reply on 1 page
Topic: static or non-static Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: database search question

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use