The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Design Forum
Resource Allocation Patten by Fowler

1 reply on 1 page. Most recent reply: Oct 10, 2004 10:37 AM by mihaela popa

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 1 reply on 1 page
Kevin Hirschmann

Nickname: observer

Resource Allocation Patten by Fowler Posted: Jul 30, 2004 1:23 PM
Reply to this message Reply
Advertisement
I have a little problem with the resource allocation pattern described by Martin Fowler. Perhaps someone of you is familiar with this pattern and might help me.
In the first description of the pattern Fowler describes the use of the pattern for (non-tracked)consumables. Here he uses the assigned "Quantity" in the everyday use (5 vials of blood means Quantity = 5).

In the pattern using assets he writes, that the "Quantity" must be the amount of time you use/book a room. (The example is talking about a room booked for 3 hours -> "Quantity" = 3)

Now I am wondering how to book 3 rooms for 3 hours.
The only way I see according to the pattern would be to book 3 resource allocations of rooms (resource type) for 3 hours ("Quantity" = 3).
This doesn't really fit anymore to first example (where the amount is stored in "Quantity").
Of course I don't want to use it in a consistent way, which means (as I see it) that I will always book n resource allocations and "Quantity" is only a member of an asset type.

Am I there somewhere wrong or.... Well, any opinions are welcome.

mihaela popa

Nickname: sek

Re: Resource Allocation Patten by Fowler Posted: Oct 10, 2004 10:37 AM
Reply to this message Reply
hi and thanks for all, for your example

Flat View: This topic has 1 reply on 1 page
Topic: Programming model? Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: free animated backrounds & stock footage

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use