The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Agile Buzz Forum
www.softwarewithstyle.com down

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
James Robertson

Nickname: jarober61

David Buck, Smalltalker at large
www.softwarewithstyle.com down Posted: Feb 3, 2005 6:37 PM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Agile Buzz by James Robertson.
Original Post: www.softwarewithstyle.com down
Feed Title: Michael Lucas-Smith
Feed URL: http://www.michaellucassmith.com/site.atom
Feed Description: Smalltalk and my misinterpretations of life
Latest Agile Buzz Posts
Latest Agile Buzz Posts by James Robertson
Latest Posts From Michael Lucas-Smith

Advertisement

It appears that www.softwarewithstyle.com to be down. This would be Telstra and Bigpond's fault. The servers are in the process of moving address. This is normally not such a difficult procedure - it can happen in under an hour. Except that because of anti-competitive laws in Australia, Bigpond cannot activate the ADSL on a phone line for 4 working days.

Fine, so it gets delayed by 4 days. During this time though, it appears that the new phone line was crossed over with Optus. Then Telstra missed their commitment to fix it - today is when the old ADSL codes are meant to be revoked. I rang them up this morning to get that delayed - success. They had not done it yet and it was moved to next week... or so I'd thought.

As soon as I get in to work, I discovered that I could not access www.softwarewithstyle.com - this tells me that the ADSL codes on that line have already been removed (I could be wrong, I'll have to go to the old address to confirm it). If this is the case, and Telstra doesn't fix the crossed line today or tomorrow - the server will be down over the weekend and possibly part of next week. Sorry about that. If you wish to send us an email - send away and if it bounces, try again in a couple of days.

Read: www.softwarewithstyle.com down

Topic: An inappropriate punishment Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Wow

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use