The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Agile Buzz Forum
Opening of the Olympic Games

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
James Robertson

Nickname: jarober61

David Buck, Smalltalker at large
Opening of the Olympic Games Posted: Aug 13, 2004 10:01 PM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Agile Buzz by James Robertson.
Original Post: Opening of the Olympic Games
Feed Title: Michael Lucas-Smith
Feed URL: http://www.michaellucassmith.com/site.atom
Feed Description: Smalltalk and my misinterpretations of life
Latest Agile Buzz Posts
Latest Agile Buzz Posts by James Robertson
Latest Posts From Michael Lucas-Smith

Advertisement

I really enjoyed the opening to the Greek Olympic Games. It wasn't as long or as big as our one in 2000, but it was to the point and done very well. I especially liked the Centaur, walking around. How did they move the rear?? Is it some sort of robotic suit? if so, when can I buy one? :)

The costumes and make up were incredible. They looked like props and were well versed in tight controlled movements. It was sensational. The only part that fell off the rails was the surprisingly boring glowing womb.

I was told by the commentators that the teams were coming in following the Greek alphabet. I don't know what alphabet they were following with: S, A, B, V, B, ... so on and so forth. It certainly wasn't English or Greek.

Read: Opening of the Olympic Games

Topic: Convention gaming Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: tips for venting

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use