The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Agile Buzz Forum
On not knowing...

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
James Robertson

Nickname: jarober61

David Buck, Smalltalker at large
On not knowing... Posted: Jun 1, 2004 4:49 PM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Agile Buzz by James Robertson.
Original Post: On not knowing...
Feed Title: Cincom Smalltalk Blog - Smalltalk with Rants
Feed URL: http://www.cincomsmalltalk.com/rssBlog/rssBlogView.xml
Feed Description: James Robertson comments on Cincom Smalltalk, the Smalltalk development community, and IT trends and issues in general.
Latest Agile Buzz Posts
Latest Agile Buzz Posts by James Robertson
Latest Posts From Cincom Smalltalk Blog - Smalltalk with Rants

Advertisement

This is an old post, but the last paragraph just grabbed me:

I actually really like C#. It really rocks! In about 30 minutes I had full-on SOAP RPC working (remoting), and in about as much time I added CODEDOM - so I could compile "plug-in" code on the fly. Now that really rulez! For an added touch, I RPC'd the source to a C# add-in to the server, and compiled that in on-the-fly. Hahahaha, I feel like GOD. Too bad you can't run this code w/o the CLR installed... what a bummer. I wish you could statically link that somehow... if anyone knows how PLEASE msg me. I can tell you this, C# steamrolls Python like it was MULM in my fishtank's EHEIM (sorry Dave).

or to summarize: "Gee, these features (which are provided by the runtime env) are nifty. It's too bad it requires a runtime". I suppose his head would just explode if someone showed him live updating of a Smalltalk server...

Read: On not knowing...

Topic: Niall Ross' StS 2004 report Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Becoming more cyber

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use