The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Agile Buzz Forum
What I'm talking about at StS

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
James Robertson

Nickname: jarober61

David Buck, Smalltalker at large
What I'm talking about at StS Posted: Apr 27, 2004 9:05 PM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Agile Buzz by James Robertson.
Original Post: What I'm talking about at StS
Feed Title: Cincom Smalltalk Blog - Smalltalk with Rants
Feed URL: http://www.cincomsmalltalk.com/rssBlog/rssBlogView.xml
Feed Description: James Robertson comments on Cincom Smalltalk, the Smalltalk development community, and IT trends and issues in general.
Latest Agile Buzz Posts
Latest Agile Buzz Posts by James Robertson
Latest Posts From Cincom Smalltalk Blog - Smalltalk with Rants

Advertisement

I'm giving a talk on the implementation of BottomFeeder at StS 2004 - there's still time to register, btw! Anyway, saying I'll talk about the implementation is a bit broad - what am I going to discuss?

I've now given a variation on this talk three times - to two STUG meetings, and at ot2004. The STUG talks were more technically oriented, but I got a lot of good feedback at ot2004 about it. So before I really get into implementation, I'll (briefly) do two things:

• Explain what a blog is - it's easy to assume that "everyone" knows what a blog is. It's still something of an insular world though, so I'll provide a brief overview
  • What's an Aggregator? Again, as with blogs, not everyone knows what one is. I'll again give a brief overview of what an aggregator is.

Then I'll talk about how I stumbled into this field, followed by some of the implementation details of BottomFeeder. I've uploaded the slide deck here. I've made a few changes since I sent in the presentation for the StS CD, so it might be worth downloading. I'm speaking bright and early - 8:30 am on May 5th. See you there!

Read: What I'm talking about at StS

Topic: I'm not dead yet... Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: StS 2004 schedule changes

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use