The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Agile Buzz Forum
Two-way blogging

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
James Robertson

Nickname: jarober61

David Buck, Smalltalker at large
Two-way blogging Posted: Jan 28, 2004 1:02 PM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Agile Buzz by James Robertson.
Original Post: Two-way blogging
Feed Title: Richard Demers Blog
Feed URL: http://www.cincomsmalltalk.com/rssBlog/rademers-rss.xml
Feed Description: Richard Demers on Smalltalk
Latest Agile Buzz Posts
Latest Agile Buzz Posts by James Robertson
Latest Posts From Richard Demers Blog

Advertisement

Two-way blogging

A blog by someone like Vassili Bykov or Sames is a great opportunity for them to educate the rest of us about their area of expertise. A good example is Vassili's item on the Trippy inspector.

BottomFeeder's comment facility gives us a way to ask him further questions on the subject, but what if we have a question for him not related to one of his items? For example, I've always wondered why the Refactoring Browser doesn't have a tab for class instance variables.

There are ways for me to ask him the question: direct email, comp.lang.smalltalk, or one of the mail lists. But they are separate from the blogging environment, lack the persistence of blog entries (which are archived), and have a limited audience.

One possibility is for readers to be able to send such questions to a specific blog, rather than to an item of a blog. The blog could then include and display the question as a feedback-type item, and the blog owner could respond with a comment of his own. Thus a dialog could be initiated by a reader of the blog.

Interestingly, BottomFeeder already has this ability, but only for the few feeds that accept feedback to the feed itself. Unfortunately, the Cincom Smalltalk blogs do not, so this idea is not open to their readers at this time.

The question, then, is whether Jim Robertson could be persuaded to support this idea in the Smalltalk blogs. (Too bad I can't send this item as a question to his blog.) I'll be interested in seeing other people's views on this possibility.

Read: Two-way blogging

Topic: Bogus Reasons Why RSS is not Ready for Prime Time Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: email and RSS

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use