The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Agile Buzz Forum
Best and Worst of 2003

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
James Robertson

Nickname: jarober61

David Buck, Smalltalker at large
Best and Worst of 2003 Posted: Dec 31, 2003 10:49 AM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Agile Buzz by James Robertson.
Original Post: Best and Worst of 2003
Feed Title: Cincom Smalltalk Blog - Smalltalk with Rants
Feed URL: http://www.cincomsmalltalk.com/rssBlog/rssBlogView.xml
Feed Description: James Robertson comments on Cincom Smalltalk, the Smalltalk development community, and IT trends and issues in general.
Latest Agile Buzz Posts
Latest Agile Buzz Posts by James Robertson
Latest Posts From Cincom Smalltalk Blog - Smalltalk with Rants

Advertisement
I suppose I should have my own list of best and worst things for 2003. I haven't thought that deeply about the subject, so this is an off-the-cuff list
  • Most over-hyped technology of 2003
    • Web Services
  • What will be the most over-hyped technology of 2004
    • Web Services and .NET
  • Biggest waste of tech effort in 2003
  • Best emerging technology of 2003
  • Worst technology news of 2003
    • The SCO lawsuit
  • Best technology news of 2003
  • Sleeper Event of 2003
    • The emergence of blogs as guerilla marketing

Like I said, it's an off the cuff list - not that organized, just a bunch of stuff that floats to the top at the moment. One of the interesting things for me has been how my workflow has changed over the last year. I'm traveling less often, but on longer trips when I do travel. That means that I'm working out of the home office more often, which also means that I'm typically less connected to other people I work with than I've been used to in the past. How I've compensated for that is a blast from the past - IRC, and the Smalltalk channel in particular. It's been a "virtual water cooler" for me, and for a bunch of other home office types. I don't think I ever used IRC before about 2 years ago, but now it's part of my everyday work life.

So what's changed for you this past year? Comments welcome - and Have a Happy New year!

Read: Best and Worst of 2003

Topic: How wacky is Maryland Weather? Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Ouch. Double Ouch

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use