The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Agile Buzz Forum
New books

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
James Robertson

Nickname: jarober61

David Buck, Smalltalker at large
New books Posted: Nov 30, 2003 2:04 PM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Agile Buzz by James Robertson.
Original Post: New books
Feed Title: Cincom Smalltalk Blog - Smalltalk with Rants
Feed URL: http://www.cincomsmalltalk.com/rssBlog/rssBlogView.xml
Feed Description: James Robertson comments on Cincom Smalltalk, the Smalltalk development community, and IT trends and issues in general.
Latest Agile Buzz Posts
Latest Agile Buzz Posts by James Robertson
Latest Posts From Cincom Smalltalk Blog - Smalltalk with Rants

Advertisement
So I've started reading Cryptonomicon, one of the gifts my family gave me for my birthday. It's interesting, but - so far - very odd. I'm only about 50 pages in so far, and the story has bounced to three sets of characters in two different times (1941 and the modern era). So far, I have absolutely no idea where the story is going. Which is ok, so long as it's interesting. My wife got me Crucible of War: The Seven Years' War and the Fate of Empire in British North America, 1754-1766, which, as the title suggests, goes into the nearly forgotten (at least here in the US) conflagration that happened just before the revolution - and reset the colonial landscape in North America. The author is purposely looking at the war without reference to the Revolution - which is not at all how it's taught in schools here (where it's briefly covered as a table setting for the Revolution). Interesting era about which I'm very interested in learning more. I'm looking forward to getting more deeply into both books.

Read: New books

Topic: Project momentum Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: constant costs and data structures

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use