The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Agile Buzz Forum
Timeline - pretty good

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
James Robertson

Nickname: jarober61

David Buck, Smalltalker at large
Timeline - pretty good Posted: Nov 30, 2003 1:27 PM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Agile Buzz by James Robertson.
Original Post: Timeline - pretty good
Feed Title: Cincom Smalltalk Blog - Smalltalk with Rants
Feed URL: http://www.cincomsmalltalk.com/rssBlog/rssBlogView.xml
Feed Description: James Robertson comments on Cincom Smalltalk, the Smalltalk development community, and IT trends and issues in general.
Latest Agile Buzz Posts
Latest Agile Buzz Posts by James Robertson
Latest Posts From Cincom Smalltalk Blog - Smalltalk with Rants

Advertisement
I went to see Timeline last night, and it was pretty good. I read the book a few years ago, and I recall liking it - even though most of the details had long since slipped. Based on my recollection, the movie sped up the entry into the 14th century a lot; the book spent a lot more time at the dig site (the idea is that a bunch of archeologists, being subject matter experts, are the best people to send back in time to rescue thier mentor, who had insisted on going back once he learned of the opportunity). Even with the sped up opening, the movie played well. There were some really good action scenes - the Trebuchets firing, for instance, were fascinating to watch. I've seen the history channel do demonstrations of these devices before, but seeing flaming projectiles hurled into a castle was cool - and the longbow firing was well done as well. All in all, it was an enjoyable couple of hours.

Read: Timeline - pretty good

Topic: NewPrerequisiteEngine Hole Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Can Spam, or can't?

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use