The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Agile Buzz Forum
It's beginning to smell a lot like CORBA

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
James Robertson

Nickname: jarober61

David Buck, Smalltalker at large
It's beginning to smell a lot like CORBA Posted: Dec 13, 2006 5:03 AM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Agile Buzz by James Robertson.
Original Post: It's beginning to smell a lot like CORBA
Feed Title: Cincom Smalltalk Blog - Smalltalk with Rants
Feed URL: http://www.cincomsmalltalk.com/rssBlog/rssBlogView.xml
Feed Description: James Robertson comments on Cincom Smalltalk, the Smalltalk development community, and IT trends and issues in general.
Latest Agile Buzz Posts
Latest Agile Buzz Posts by James Robertson
Latest Posts From Cincom Smalltalk Blog - Smalltalk with Rants

Advertisement

Via Patrick Logan, I came across Stefan Tilkov's post quoting Peter Lacy:

As I see it the [WS-*] is so large and complex, and the participants so tightly coupled, that scaling to even enterprise levels is out of the question.... you will not be able to use this technology to build a fully distributed enterprise architecture. I am shocked. I mean there is so much evidence to the contrary. Er, isn't there?

You can bet that lots and lots of enterprisey types will go with WS* though, because of the soothing balm of WS-fuscation coming from all of the analysts they listen to (along with the herd behavior they cling to) - better to be wrong as a group than to be right as an individual. When your highest desire is to sit in "low information density" meetings so that you can get other work done, it's easy to fall for this kind of crap.

Read: It's beginning to smell a lot like CORBA

Topic: IE7: Redmond, we have a problem Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: George Bosworth at the Users Conference

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use