The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Agile Buzz Forum
(Un)Paid Content

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
James Robertson

Nickname: jarober61

David Buck, Smalltalker at large
(Un)Paid Content Posted: Oct 17, 2006 2:53 PM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Agile Buzz by James Robertson.
Original Post: (Un)Paid Content
Feed Title: Cincom Smalltalk Blog - Smalltalk with Rants
Feed URL: http://www.cincomsmalltalk.com/rssBlog/rssBlogView.xml
Feed Description: James Robertson comments on Cincom Smalltalk, the Smalltalk development community, and IT trends and issues in general.
Latest Agile Buzz Posts
Latest Agile Buzz Posts by James Robertson
Latest Posts From Cincom Smalltalk Blog - Smalltalk with Rants

Advertisement

Spotted in PR. Differently

What does it tell you about Sirius' gamble on Howard Stern when they have to offer it for free for two days to get more people interested?

What it tells me is that there are now tons of free choices available across all possible media outlets. It tells me that in the unlimited channel space that is the internet, that you have to be pretty darn good to get a decent sized paid audience. Personally, I've never liked Stern - his schtick has always been about "he said what on radio??", or "he did what on tv??", or, when he was married - "he did what, and his wife doesn't care??"

Well, he's now divorced, and he's on a channel where "outrageous" behavior is common. Why should I pay to hear Stern, if I can get someone like Ze Frank for free? His stuff isn't to my taste, but I suspect that there's a fair bit of cross-over in those audience bases. The difference? Ze Frank is free, Stern is behind a pay wall. Sort of like Times Select, really.

Stern was a phenomenon so long as his behavior was outside the norm, and he was the only one beating that particular drum. Those things are no longer true.

Technorati Tags: ,

Read: (Un)Paid Content

Topic: Industry Misinterpretations Episode 5 Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Let the Legal Games Begin

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use