The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Agile Buzz Forum
Tools or experience?

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Jimmy Nilsson

Nickname: jimmyn

Jimmy Nilsson is a developer, author and trainer for JNSK in Sweden.
Tools or experience? Posted: Oct 4, 2006 1:13 AM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Agile Buzz by Jimmy Nilsson.
Original Post: Tools or experience?
Feed Title: Jimmy Nilsson's weblog
Feed URL: http://www.jnsk.se/weblog/rss.xml
Feed Description: Patterns, OO, DB, .NET, ...
Latest Agile Buzz Posts
Latest Agile Buzz Posts by Jimmy Nilsson
Latest Posts From Jimmy Nilsson's weblog

Advertisement

It's time for one of my favorite subjects, one that I have written about quite often in the past, for example in Tools and teeth and Tools and skills. I ended Tools and skills with this:
A vendor once told me that any beginner would beat any old fox if they used their tool... No way! As soon as there is the slightest problem... You get the picture.
:-)

I haven't changed my mind, on the contrary. HOWEVER, I think it's very important to add that if you can combine tools and experience, it's extremely efficient, productive and just plain good. By combining I mean having lots and lots of experience AND a great tool that isn't in the way, but that just supports and makes use of the experience very productively.

Read: Tools or experience?

Topic: In the reading queue Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: How many names fit on the head of an OSS pin?

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use