The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Agile Buzz Forum
DRM Still Sucks

1 reply on 1 page. Most recent reply: Sep 29, 2006 10:41 PM by James Robertson

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 1 reply on 1 page
James Robertson

Nickname: jarober61

David Buck, Smalltalker at large
DRM Still Sucks Posted: Sep 29, 2006 10:41 PM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Agile Buzz by James Robertson.
Original Post: DRM Still Sucks
Feed Title: Cincom Smalltalk Blog - Smalltalk with Rants
Feed URL: http://www.cincomsmalltalk.com/rssBlog/rssBlogView.xml
Feed Description: James Robertson comments on Cincom Smalltalk, the Smalltalk development community, and IT trends and issues in general.
Latest Agile Buzz Posts
Latest Agile Buzz Posts by James Robertson
Latest Posts From Cincom Smalltalk Blog - Smalltalk with Rants

Advertisement

Stuart Halloway explains why DRM sucks - it punishes those of us who follow the rules, while leaving the actual pirates free to run wild:

Well, thanks a lot. As a power user and a technophile, I go through a lot of computers. Two of the others are in my office in Chapel Hill, backups in case this one goes down. I buy premium (priced!) hardware and software, and I buy lots of it. I am an intellectual property Boy Scout, because it is the right thing to do, and because it is in my professional interest. And what thanks do I get? A big fat "You don't own what you paid for until you travel home and prove it (again)."

The real pirates have tools to get around that kind of problem. The rest of us? We just take it in the shorts.

Technorati Tags:

Read: DRM Still Sucks

Niel Vince

Nickname: sandman

Re: DRM Still Sucks Posted: Dec 7, 2006 7:57 AM
Reply to this message Reply
DRM is an assult on you as a consumer!
Take a look at this guide: http://www.nomoredrm.com/
Sure, their team's worthy of appreciation just for coming up with a program that opposes the Itunes .M4p files and the rest of the corrupt DRM-fed industry!

Flat View: This topic has 1 reply on 1 page
Topic: Moved to Wordpress Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Hungarian Smalltalk User Group founded

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use