The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Agile Buzz Forum
Web Applications Stink

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
James Robertson

Nickname: jarober61

David Buck, Smalltalker at large
Web Applications Stink Posted: Oct 17, 2003 1:21 PM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Agile Buzz by James Robertson.
Original Post: Web Applications Stink
Feed Title: Travis Griggs - Blog
Feed URL: http://www.cincomsmalltalk.com/rssBlog/travis-rss.xml
Feed Description: This TAG Line is Extra
Latest Agile Buzz Posts
Latest Agile Buzz Posts by James Robertson
Latest Posts From Travis Griggs - Blog

Advertisement
Of late, I've been playing with two open source web based XP planning tools (XPWeb and XPlanner ). Both are nice enough tools, considering. We've been looking for one of these I guess, because using a Wiki to manage your stories, is kind of pain. Beck says you shouldn't need anything more than a whiteboard and some 3x5 cards. But what if your steering team (customers) are mostly off site? Or if you don't all work in the same room. And something like this just makes management giddy with excitement because its electronic, buzzword compliant, uniform, archived, etc.

Both tools are OK. And the developers have doubtless done as good job a job as possible, but at the end of the day, what profoundly impresses me is just how bad the web/HTML interface stinks as an application delivery paradigm. You gotta use the web of course, I guess, because you get xplatform, and everyone's always got a web browser open anyway. But still, it's dissapointing how difficult it is to get good usability out of web interface. I'll go play with my Mac some more now.

Read: Web Applications Stink

Topic: How to stop forks in their tracks Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Charsets and encodings, oh my!

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use