The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Agile Buzz Forum
Sounds like a bozo number

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
James Robertson

Nickname: jarober61

David Buck, Smalltalker at large
Sounds like a bozo number Posted: Aug 20, 2006 12:28 PM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Agile Buzz by James Robertson.
Original Post: Sounds like a bozo number
Feed Title: Cincom Smalltalk Blog - Smalltalk with Rants
Feed URL: http://www.cincomsmalltalk.com/rssBlog/rssBlogView.xml
Feed Description: James Robertson comments on Cincom Smalltalk, the Smalltalk development community, and IT trends and issues in general.
Latest Agile Buzz Posts
Latest Agile Buzz Posts by James Robertson
Latest Posts From Cincom Smalltalk Blog - Smalltalk with Rants

Advertisement

The WaPo has a story on TV watching and DVR usage - there's some interesting stuff about studio responses to the fast forward button, but then there's this:

It also turns out that DVRs are not killing live viewing or shuffling the weekly prime-time schedule, at least not yet. From Sunday to Friday, 84 percent of all prime-time television viewing in DVR households is live, according to Nielsen Media Research. According to the same data, 61 percent of all prime-time programming recorded by DVRs is watched on the same days it airs.

That sounds very wrong to me. Every DVR owner I talk to has the same reaction to live TV - it's simply agonizing. It's not the ads per se, even - it's that a 60 minute show can be watched in 45 minutes off the DVR, while live, it's the entire hour. I'd really like to know where that 84 percent number came from, because it doesn't line up with how we operate, or with how anyone I know with a DVR operates either.

Technorati Tags: , , ,

Read: Sounds like a bozo number

Topic: Why do we write? Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: The internet as a big hash table

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use