The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Agile Buzz Forum
Fun in the air

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
James Robertson

Nickname: jarober61

David Buck, Smalltalker at large
Fun in the air Posted: Aug 10, 2006 8:30 AM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Agile Buzz by James Robertson.
Original Post: Fun in the air
Feed Title: Cincom Smalltalk Blog - Smalltalk with Rants
Feed URL: http://www.cincomsmalltalk.com/rssBlog/rssBlogView.xml
Feed Description: James Robertson comments on Cincom Smalltalk, the Smalltalk development community, and IT trends and issues in general.
Latest Agile Buzz Posts
Latest Agile Buzz Posts by James Robertson
Latest Posts From Cincom Smalltalk Blog - Smalltalk with Rants

Advertisement

Doc Searls reports on new security rules at the airport:

Something bad happened (they won't tell us), and now the TSA won't let you carry any liquids, gels, pastes or fluids of any kind (pens?) through security checkpoints. Gotta check your medicines, sunblock, water bottels, whatever. This directive went down this morning (it's 4:30am here at Logan in Boston) and has caused a huge backup at the ticket counters and the security checkpoints. I'm sure it's just as bad everywhere, though I haven't looked at any of the news sources yet. (I think I'm at the leading edge of the news, sort of, right here.)

My wife was telling me about it this morning; she watches the morning news as she gets ready for work. She said something about electronics requiring check in; Doc said that seemed to be UK only. I guess I'll find out tomorrow - I'm heading to Florida. If there's any requirement to check laptops, there's going to be chaos - for one thing, they don't survive bag tossing very well. For another thing, they are way too easy to steal out of luggage.

Now all I need is a hurricane to make my travel plans really perk up :/

Technorati Tags:

Read: Fun in the air

Topic: Obscure Security Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Smalltalk Work in Prague

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use