The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Agile Buzz Forum
Podshow grabbing content

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
James Robertson

Nickname: jarober61

David Buck, Smalltalker at large
Podshow grabbing content Posted: Jul 7, 2006 8:37 AM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Agile Buzz by James Robertson.
Original Post: Podshow grabbing content
Feed Title: Cincom Smalltalk Blog - Smalltalk with Rants
Feed URL: http://www.cincomsmalltalk.com/rssBlog/rssBlogView.xml
Feed Description: James Robertson comments on Cincom Smalltalk, the Smalltalk development community, and IT trends and issues in general.
Latest Agile Buzz Posts
Latest Agile Buzz Posts by James Robertson
Latest Posts From Cincom Smalltalk Blog - Smalltalk with Rants

Advertisement

Last night I noticed Dave Winer's post on Podshow, where he pointed out that they are hijacking content. I flagged his post as something I'd want to take a further look at when I wasn't so tired. This morning it's gotten to be a bigger story. Geek News Central is (understandably) torqued, and it's hit Techmeme. Here's what Dave said last night:

They're doing lots of nasty stuff, for sure. I'm not happy that they're taking over my content, putting their copyright notice on it, creating their own version of my RSS feed, adding their crap, and taking out my copyright.

And here's Geek News Central this morning:

I am sitting here beyond pissed, not because they have my site automatically listed on their site that is fine because they are a directory, but in the way they have done it, this makes people assume that my podcast is part of Podshow, and diminishes my brand. They have made it near impossible to get to my home page from their site unless your really dig it's 100% unacceptable.

That's really, really stupid of PodShow. It's one thing to aggregate pointers to content - it's something else again to actually copy it for commercial use. This is the sort of thing that gets lawyers after you, and with good cause.

Technorati Tags:

Read: Podshow grabbing content

Topic: I guess Sony needed more bad PR Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: start - created

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use