The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Agile Buzz Forum
JMatter

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Glenn Vanderburg

Nickname: glv

Glenn Vanderburg is a software craftsman located in Dallas, Texas.
JMatter Posted: Jul 7, 2006 12:43 AM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Agile Buzz by Glenn Vanderburg.
Original Post: JMatter
Feed Title: Glenn Vanderburg's Software Blog
Feed URL: http://www.vanderburg.org/cgi-bin/glv/blosxom/Software?flav=rss
Feed Description: Glenn Vanderburg's blog about software development
Latest Agile Buzz Posts
Latest Agile Buzz Posts by Glenn Vanderburg
Latest Posts From Glenn Vanderburg's Software Blog

Advertisement
I was thrilled to learn today that my friend Eitan Suez has released his JMatter application development framework as open-source software.

I’ve been a huge fan of the idea of Naked Objects since I first saw Richard Pawson talk about the idea at OOPSLA in 2000. (He called the idea "expressive systems" then, but only the name has changed.) I introduced the idea to Dave Thomas at OOPSLA the following year, and he began spreading the word through a series of talks at NFJS symposiums.

Unfortunately, programmers who became interested in Naked Objects as an application-development strategy frequently turned away from it again after becoming frustrated with the poor quality and design of the default naked objects application framework. Eitan, however, took a better approach: he decided to write a better framework. And he wrote it in the context of a real application he was developing for his employer, which is always the best way to drive framework design: validating ideas in the crucible of real-world constraints. The resulting framework is JMatter, and it’s a great tool. If you’ve ever wanted to explore Naked Objects as a way of building cool, powerful business applications quickly — or if you’ve already tried Naked Objects but decided it wasn’t ready yet — you owe it to yourself to give it a try.

(Disclaimer: my enthusiasm for JMatter has nothing to do with the fact that my visage is prominently featured in one of Eitan’s sample application screenshots. Quite to the contrary, in fact. :-)

Read: JMatter

Topic: Live Troubleshooting Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Buildix: The Agile development platform on a disk is available!

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use