The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Agile Buzz Forum
Quality vs. Quality

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
James Robertson

Nickname: jarober61

David Buck, Smalltalker at large
Quality vs. Quality Posted: Jun 25, 2006 9:42 AM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Agile Buzz by James Robertson.
Original Post: Quality vs. Quality
Feed Title: Cincom Smalltalk Blog - Smalltalk with Rants
Feed URL: http://www.cincomsmalltalk.com/rssBlog/rssBlogView.xml
Feed Description: James Robertson comments on Cincom Smalltalk, the Smalltalk development community, and IT trends and issues in general.
Latest Agile Buzz Posts
Latest Agile Buzz Posts by James Robertson
Latest Posts From Cincom Smalltalk Blog - Smalltalk with Rants

Advertisement

Scoble has a good take on a debate that he heard at bloggercon: do production values (in video/audio) matter?

In the discussion it was clear that there is a coming conflict between people who "do it for love" and those who are doing video to build an audience, which presumably they are doing so that they can sell advertising or get sponsorship. In other words there are those who believe in production values and those who think that the production values advocates are missing the point: that everyday people can now use video to communicate in a new way.

I think he gets that right - it all depends on the type of information, and the target audience. If I'm doing a screencast on Smalltalk, my target audience is developers - if they are interested, then production quality has to be "good enough" - my voice has to come through, and the screens I'm showing have to be easily visible. If, on the other hand, I'm trying to produce a drama series that people will watch (like they would watch TV), then my production requirements are way up there - the last thing you want is to be seen as the next Ed Wood :)

Read: Quality vs. Quality

Topic: Ruby Tips Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Cincom's Eloquence product in the News

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use