The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Agile Buzz Forum
Scoble leaving MS?

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
James Robertson

Nickname: jarober61

David Buck, Smalltalker at large
Scoble leaving MS? Posted: Jun 10, 2006 10:13 PM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Agile Buzz by James Robertson.
Original Post: Scoble leaving MS?
Feed Title: Cincom Smalltalk Blog - Smalltalk with Rants
Feed URL: http://www.cincomsmalltalk.com/rssBlog/rssBlogView.xml
Feed Description: James Robertson comments on Cincom Smalltalk, the Smalltalk development community, and IT trends and issues in general.
Latest Agile Buzz Posts
Latest Agile Buzz Posts by James Robertson
Latest Posts From Cincom Smalltalk Blog - Smalltalk with Rants

Advertisement

At this point, I have to call this a rumor - Silicon Valley Watcher is reporting that Robert Scoble is bailing out on Microsoft:

Andy Plesser from Plesser Holland and the videoblog Beet.tv just called and told me Robert Scoble is leaving Microsoft and will join Podtech.net, the podcasting network. He will be moving from Seattle to Silicon Valley.

Mr Scoble has expressed frustration working at Microsoft and he has also been unhappy with his compensation. He has created a tremendous amount of positive publicity for Microsoft but there have been many within the organisation that have resented his very public position. The company has not been able to control his views or his travels to various conferences and blogger meetings.

I've thought that he was sounding more frustrated at Microsoft lately, and I expect that his "out front" position has created internal political problems. Either way, I'm sure that Robert will let us all know soon enough - he'll either verify and explain, or refute.

Update: Chris Pirillo says it's true, and he's certainly in a position to know.

Update2: Fascinating speculation by Vinnie Mirchandani: "Now you wonder what the visit with Sun was about". Another thing I hadn't thought of - I wonder if Mini-Microsoft will come out of hibernation for some commentary?

Read: Scoble leaving MS?

Topic: Yet another feature out of Vista Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Online communities and Offline ones differ

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use