The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Agile Buzz Forum
My Comcast DVR might not suck?

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
James Robertson

Nickname: jarober61

David Buck, Smalltalker at large
My Comcast DVR might not suck? Posted: Jun 7, 2006 8:25 PM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Agile Buzz by James Robertson.
Original Post: My Comcast DVR might not suck?
Feed Title: Cincom Smalltalk Blog - Smalltalk with Rants
Feed URL: http://www.cincomsmalltalk.com/rssBlog/rssBlogView.xml
Feed Description: James Robertson comments on Cincom Smalltalk, the Smalltalk development community, and IT trends and issues in general.
Latest Agile Buzz Posts
Latest Agile Buzz Posts by James Robertson
Latest Posts From Cincom Smalltalk Blog - Smalltalk with Rants

Advertisement

Ars Technica has some good news: Comcast is going to be testing the Tivo interface on their DVRs. Not a moment too soon; the existing interface really, really sucks eggs (ask my wife - she really gets exercised about it :) ) Anyway - here's the important part:

After more than a year, we may finally start to see the fruits of cooperation between TiVo and Comcast. In March of 2005, the two companies agreed to work together on implementing TiVo's interface and functionality on Comcast's own DVR boxes. Relations between the two companies had previously been complicated and strained, and in the early part of 2005 there were many fears that TiVo was ultimately doomed. Those fears haven't entirely subsided, but things are certainly looking up.

Really good news.

Update: This seems to apply to a specific line of Comcast DVRs - and mine isn't one of them. Sigh

Read: My Comcast DVR might not suck?

Topic: Captain Copyright to the Rescue Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: More StS 2006 Photos

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use