The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Agile Buzz Forum
Wii Pricing comes out

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
James Robertson

Nickname: jarober61

David Buck, Smalltalker at large
Wii Pricing comes out Posted: May 25, 2006 5:17 PM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Agile Buzz by James Robertson.
Original Post: Wii Pricing comes out
Feed Title: Cincom Smalltalk Blog - Smalltalk with Rants
Feed URL: http://www.cincomsmalltalk.com/rssBlog/rssBlogView.xml
Feed Description: James Robertson comments on Cincom Smalltalk, the Smalltalk development community, and IT trends and issues in general.
Latest Agile Buzz Posts
Latest Agile Buzz Posts by James Robertson
Latest Posts From Cincom Smalltalk Blog - Smalltalk with Rants

Advertisement

Nintendo has announced that the Wii will not cost more than 25,000 yen (about $225 USD). Here's the quote:

The player won't cost more than 25,000 yen, said Yoshihiro Mori, Nintendo's senior managing director, at a news conference in Osaka. The company expects to ship 6 million Wii consoles this fiscal year, and about 17 million software games for the device.

Given that, I'm going to make a prediction: The US price will start at $199. That puts it down into the psychological "impulse buy" space for an awful lot of people in the US. I guess we'll have to wait to see if I'm right.

Read: Wii Pricing comes out

Topic: DRM doesn't pay Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Learning more about Lisp...

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use