The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Agile Buzz Forum
NRL 1982 Paramatta vs Manly

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
James Robertson

Nickname: jarober61

David Buck, Smalltalker at large
NRL 1982 Paramatta vs Manly Posted: Oct 5, 2003 1:26 AM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Agile Buzz by James Robertson.
Original Post: NRL 1982 Paramatta vs Manly
Feed Title: Michael Lucas-Smith
Feed URL: http://www.michaellucassmith.com/site.atom
Feed Description: Smalltalk and my misinterpretations of life
Latest Agile Buzz Posts
Latest Agile Buzz Posts by James Robertson
Latest Posts From Michael Lucas-Smith

Advertisement

I saw a very old NRL game on DVD yesterday (on my birthday). My dad got the 1982 grand final for his birthday. Wow! What a different game. It was -great-. Back then they actually hit each other, kicked each other, head butted each other, stole the ball, racked it. The ref started the game with "As hard as you like, As tough as you like, but keep it clean" :)

Paramatta, my favourite team, whopped ass back then. Manly sucks and any one who knows what I'm talking about can have a fight with me about it :)

Any way, back then the teams could do assisted running, such as Para's "The wedge" - Very Roman soldieresque. Manly did a "Mouse Trap". It's great to see players suddenly come together to 'pull off a move'. Very cool indeed. Every time they did it the commentators complained that such moves should be illegal - these days they are.

Back then a try was only worth 3 points too, not 4, so it was a really close match. My dad saw the game live, so at the end when Para was doing their victory lap, we paused the DVD and tried to find him. We fould a maroon coloured blur clapping, so we declared that must have been him :)

Conclusion: Todays NRL sucks.. it's pathetic and predictable.

Read: NRL 1982 Paramatta vs Manly

Topic: Seven maladies of the project Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Decisions, decisions

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use