The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Agile Buzz Forum
Breaking STS'06 News

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
James Robertson

Nickname: jarober61

David Buck, Smalltalker at large
Breaking STS'06 News Posted: Apr 26, 2006 2:17 AM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Agile Buzz by James Robertson.
Original Post: Breaking STS'06 News
Feed Title: Michael Lucas-Smith
Feed URL: http://www.michaellucassmith.com/site.atom
Feed Description: Smalltalk and my misinterpretations of life
Latest Agile Buzz Posts
Latest Agile Buzz Posts by James Robertson
Latest Posts From Michael Lucas-Smith

Advertisement

For the first time ever on this blog I have something exclusive and news worthy. A miracle!

The big 40 person event we had on the Sunday where we all went to Pure Spirits and had dinner was great, but there was a darker side to the event. At the end of the evening, the bill was split in to four parts.

Some how, the section that Anthony Lander and myself were in managed to wrack up a bill of $900. How? It seems so incredibly unlikely that a small group of people would spend $900 like that. Perhaps we all under paid in to the balance, but at the end of the night poor Anthony...

... Poor Anthony was stuck with a $260 deficit in the bill. Yes, you heard me, we'd managed to stiff Anthony with $260. Instead of washing dishes, he paid that and is looking for blood. $260 is more than he paid for his hotel for the night.

As if by conspiracy, when I went to check the menu on the internet I discovered that that part of their flash website had no content! So, since The Boilerhouse was owned by the same people and therefore probably has roughly the same costs, I went to their website, to discover a parked-website page. This website had real details not one month ago!

All conspiracies aside, I believe we all owe Anthony an apology and a thanks for paying the $260. Either we can all pitch in a bit so that he isn't out of pocket or perhaps Anthony can ask STIC to pay for it. There were 40 smalltalkers there after all.

Read: Breaking STS'06 News

Topic: Irritating, Dumb Servants and Smart Servants Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Where did you get the air?

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use