The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Agile Buzz Forum
Leg 2 - Onward to Canada!

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
James Robertson

Nickname: jarober61

David Buck, Smalltalker at large
Leg 2 - Onward to Canada! Posted: Apr 22, 2006 1:44 AM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Agile Buzz by James Robertson.
Original Post: Leg 2 - Onward to Canada!
Feed Title: Michael Lucas-Smith
Feed URL: http://www.michaellucassmith.com/site.atom
Feed Description: Smalltalk and my misinterpretations of life
Latest Agile Buzz Posts
Latest Agile Buzz Posts by James Robertson
Latest Posts From Michael Lucas-Smith

Advertisement

So I explained my travelling woes to Bianca on my flight from Canberra to Sydney. Then I reiterated them to a British guy named Julian who works in Bread (more specifically flower) who seemed to have the same humor as Bruce Badger, which is good entertainment for a long flight.

Then finally I told them from to a Niagara Falls resident named Tim and by golly... I'd made it all the way to Toronto!

Let me say that the leg from Sydney to Honolulu is just about as bad as customs at Honolulu - having to clear American customs just to get to Canada really sucks. The flight was long, hard, boring, difficult, tiresome. But all the Aussies managed to find each other and band together for most of the second part of the flight from honolulu to Vancouver. Luckily, that part of the flight was only 6 hours, not 9!.

The flight from Vancouver to Toronto was only 4:30.. easy street from there.

Actually, once i made it in to Canada, I felt rejuvenated and energised. What a beautiful city, what a beautiful airport and what nice people! The multiculturalism of this country puts even Australia to shame. It's so harmonious here. I like it already.

I got to watch the Blue Jays face off against the Red Sox here at Rogers Centre, which used to be call the stadium. I sat in a bar that had windows right over the playing field. Wow, what a great view. I enjoyed watching the game - luckily I already knew the rules.

A few beers later and it is now time to retire and hope my internal clock can cope with the timezone change. I think I trained it on the flights over - but only time will tell.

Read: Leg 2 - Onward to Canada!

Topic: Depends on who describes it Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: What about the Big Mac in the left lane?

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use